Today is my sweet 16th birthday! (Woot! Woot!)
God has taken me far on this journey He has laid out for me since I was born. Painful, moments of wounds, dark and stormy times, and also joyful and blessed times. Through it all God has shown me His steadfast love, and ever faithful, never forsaking presence.
When I look back on the day I was born and think about how much God loves me and you, and knit us together with NO mistake, it shows how far He has brought me.
God has shown me so much of Himself. And through the pain, He used to get a hold of my heart, He has shown me the purpose in pain and sorrow.
Even though I know sorrow is to come in the future, I know where my heart lays. In the Anchor, the Almighty, the Great Father and Keeper of my heart.
Now that I am 16, doesn't mean I have changed and I'm gonna be this teenage snob whose this 16 year old girl who cares only for herself, like the 16 year olds in our society. Nope! I don't want to be like your average American girl who cares only for herself and is a snob. I don't want to be seen and known as just a teen girl. I want and pray you would see Jesus in me. That you wouldn't see your average 16 yr. old but would see Jesus not me! That Jesus would shine so bright out of me that you wouldn't see me and think about me, but that Jesus would instantly be seen and searched for. I don't want to be the girl you have to compete with to have the nicest cloths or camera.
No! I don't want you to see ME but see Jesus!
I pray Jesus would make His home so comfy in my heart that He would NEVER think of moving, and that His light would shine SO bright out of His home in me that it would burst out without question or delay.
This is what the passion is of this new 16 year old girl is...pray you see it in me. Glory all too God forever.
A servant for Christ,
Lizzie
4 comments:
Happy Sweet 16, Lizzie!
You are beautiful both inside and out! Keep shining for Jesus!
Best Wishes!
~Hannah, Ruth, and Sarah Keller~
Yay Lizzie:)! I hope you had a beautiful birthday. I can honestly relate to your heart's desire because 16 was my turn around fallin' head over heals in love with God season. What an amazing desire it is that The Lord has placed in your heart. The person behind the words written on this blog seems like a genuinely great great friend and it's been a blessing getting to know you. It really has. Again, so sooo happy for you! God is more than good.
Thank you Keller girls! You all are very sweet :)
Thank you Deya!! It DOES feel like we know each other!!! I love reading your blog! And I enjoy our friendship!
Thank you for the birthday wishes :)
Post a Comment