Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Whole Armor of God.

Finally, be strong in the LORD and in the strength of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against the flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and taking the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in Spirit, with all prayer supplication.
~Ephesians 6:10-18~

I have been reading in the book of Ephesians the last few days. This verse has always been my favorite. I love it because it is always what I am telling myself when I am battling the enemy. "Stand firm in God Lizzie. Don't let the evil one take over you!" I always tell myself when I feel defeated or distracted. We all need to stand firm ion God and look to the truth. We need to have faith in God. Yes, I know sometimes it feels like God is so far away. But live by faith not by sight.
I have a silver band ring that says that. "Live by faith not by sight" and I always look down at my hand and look at that ring when I feel worried. (Matthew 6:25-26)
I am going to be honest with you, this week I haven't been looking to God for what ever I have been going through. I have been ignoring Him practically. And that is NOT good!
I feel horrible doing that now. And have asked for forgiveness for my silliness. For yes, I was wrong. It feels so much better just giving all I am to God and giving up the stubbornness! Truly!
If we let stubbornness, selfishness, anger, or what ever it might be, well up inside us we are creating a place for darkness to hide in us. And soon that darkness takes more and more of our time and more of our light. And soon enough the evil one has a really good foothold on us. And he won't let go either! But there is a way out of this darkness! Give what ever our darkness might be to God. Not just a little bit of it but it ALL! When we give up the selfishness or what ever it might, be and ask for forgiveness from God, the chains that the darkness had around us will break and we will be set free! Set free from the chains that we were bound in, from our sin. It's a powerful thing.
And when you are set free and out of the darkness you feel so much better! So much lighter! Because you know that you did the right thing!

Have an awesome week on your journey towards Him!
God bless!

A Servant 4 Christ,
Lizzie

1 comment:

♥Katie said...

Very cool! I love that verse!! I was reading that last week! =) Thanks for sharing!!! <3