You know, sometimes we don't see the blessings that we have...We sometimes take for granted that thing and don't really care that it is a blessing. I have noticed how much we (it least me) sometimes take for granted our parents... But how many times do we call our parents blessings. Where some don't even have parents like us. Things I have gone through have made me really know that my Mom is a very big blessing in my life. She is always there for me. She is Christ filled! She smiles when dark days come! She is such a wonderful Mother! And I want to be like her one day! I am soooo blessed to have such a wonderful Christian parent!
You might have already figured out that I don't have two parents. But only a Mom... I don't even want to go there because it hurts to much. But let me just say I don't have a loving Dad. But! I do have a loving Father who will never forsake me or ever stop loving me! His name is Jesus. And that is all I need for a Father!!
Anyway, but I think through the stuff I've gone through has really made me know that my Mom is a BIG blessing!! And so is your parents! And I am taking a minute to thank God for my wonderful Mother! So often we can stay complaining and stuff! But when we have so many blessings around us! How often do we thank God for things?!?! Maybe not often enough. I remember when my friend, Katie, posted on Gmail Buzz something that really made me think and wonder. She wrote "What ifff... you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?!......" WOw! That was like WOw to me!! I don't know why but that like hit me! God has given me soooo much!!! He has given me life! He has given me a loving family.He has given me a wonderful home! He has given me a wonderful church! He has given me soooo much!!! The list could literally go on for like forever! And how many times do I actually thank God for it all?! Hm...? Well, I would say not often enough!! So I am taking a minute to thank God for all He has given me! Why don't you do the same. Take a minute to thank God for His blessings to you...
God bless!!
A Servant 4 Christ,
Lizzie
1 comment:
Lovely post, Lizzie! This is so true. Whenever I hear that quote, it reminds me to be more thankful and express my thanks to God.
Post a Comment