Monday, June 25, 2012

Let your Light Shine!

Good afternoon! Hope your day is going splendid.

It's been awhile since I've posted, since the computer isn't working. But like once every three weeks I can get on here somewhere else! Btw, thanks for all my new followers! Means a lot! ;) And I'm not avoiding you by not following you, just never have time to get on your blogs and follow my new followers! ;)

Today God has strongly put on my heart to post on, letting God's true love and grace shine through us.

I know, I've spoke on this before, but just take it as encouragement.

John 15:18 says:

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

Now you might be like "okay good to know. Who cares anyway! This is so random!" Yeah, but just put it together. When you try to go with the flow of the world accepting all the evil and putting excuses on the darkness. And act with your friends like your not a christian, what's that doing?

God chose you to be His light in this DARK world! He didn't choose you to blend in with the dark. But to outshine the darkness, so when your friends see you, they see a difference. Believe me, when you are letting God shine through you and you don't just go do the dark things with your friends but stand up for Christ, you are being a HUGE example to them! Like seriously!

They will see the joy of Christ in you and wonder why you are always so happy! It will draw them to Christ! Yes, I know, you might lose friendships. I've been there, and am still going through losing frinedships that way, but don't let that freak you out! What is your purpouse in this world? Yes, to take up your cross and follow Christ. (Matthew 16:24-25). It will mean losing friendships, it will mean pain, but your reward in the end is worth the fight. (Luke 22-23). Jesus Christ is worth the fight.

So give it all you got! Live shining brighter than the sun! Live glorifying Christ! Please, please don't just ignore this and go with the flow. It won't leave you with joy, but with pain and emptiness.

Be a burning bush for Christ! Set the whole world on fire for Him. Don't just keep it in and keep it to yourself! Let Christ bloom from you! Let Him work greatly in your life! I'm not saying when you do shine for Him everything will be peaches and cream. No, there will be great struggles. Because the devil will try everything he's got to keep you from doing what the Lord wants you to do. But give the devil noooo breathing room in your life! Squeeze 'em out with standing FIRM in God's strength and power! Fight the good fight! "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." -Romans 12:21.

Let God's love burst forth from you and bloom into other peoples lives. Give the glory to our GREAT and Watchful King!

God bless!

A Servant 4 Christ,

Lizzie


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lizzie,
I just found your blog, and am so glad I did. I signed up, and look forward to getting to know you and reading more posts.
Please consider joining my blog also, if you like.
www.boh777.blogspot.com
Blessings, Mandy