Thursday, January 10, 2013

Listening To His Voice Through His Truth...

A few days ago God gave me a verse that I could stand on all through the year of 2013. And I thought today I would share a verse with you and why it stands so powerfully out to me.
"Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore He exalts Himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him." Isaiah 30:18.
Now the verse goes on and it means so much to me too, but this is the main part for my theme verse.
The words that struck out to me were that God WAITS to be gracious. He revealed to me that He loves us so much that He is willing to wait patiently until we are ready just to be gracious to us.
God loves and cares about YOU and ME so much that He patient enough to wait for me because He wants to be gracious to YOU and ME, sinners! Wow...It just awe strikes me.
"...and therefore He exalts Himself to show His mercy to you..."
What God showed me and spoke to me in this next verse was how He wants to shower His love and mercy on us so much. He loves us so much that He wants to show us mercy through His power! Even through like a sunset He exalts Himself through His power to show us He loves and cares for us and wants also to show His mercy He has for us.
And all we can do in response sometimes is sit breathless and awe stricken over His beauty and power. And we praise His Beautiful Name.
"...For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him."
When I'm patient and wait for Him like He waits for me and I wait for God's timing, trusting that He knows best for me, I shall be called blessed...
 
The verse goes on and it is beautiful. God revealed so much to me through it.
"...you shall weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as He hears it, He answers you."
I know sometimes we think of our Father as just a big God in the sky ordering things around and who is always on to the next thing. But really. This scripture tells us God is a gentle Father and He wants us to weep no more. He wants and longs to dry our tears forever with His hand of love. Sometimes it might feel like God doesn't hear us when we cry out. But He does...He wants to be gracious and answer our cries. And He does. It might not always look like His answer is the best. But really, it always is the best even if we don't get what we want.
"...And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet the Teacher will not hide Himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher." (Is. 30:20).
Wow. I still get all shook up and am totally awe stricken with this verse. God has really revealed a lot to me with all these verses, one after another. When I first read this not knowing this was all written I became like on overload quickly and so awe stricken I became almost weepy because all the stuff God was speaking to me about in these verses. What God showed me in this verse was that, though, yes, I've had my large share of affliction, God can and has healed me. He put me through all the pain not to watch me suffer but to make me stronger and to grow closer to Him. After I went through it all was the time God was going to teach me. Teach me through the pain. He is my Teacher
 
 
Another thing He showed me through this was that He is like my piano Teacher. (He is the ultimate piano Teacher!!!) In order to play my song well, the Teacher must make me play hard music that stretches my fingers across the keys and playing at a quicker and more difficult pace.
At the end of the exhausting process I will figure out that my dear Teacher was telling the truth, like always! My fingers are now stronger and can play with more grace the song of my life. My Teacher, through every song He writes, shows me how to play stronger  and more like He plays. He teaches me how to write strong and beautiful music...
 
Blessings to you.
A Servant 4 her great Teacher,
Lizzie

2 comments:

Lauralea said...

Beautiful thoughts, Lizzie. God is bursting to show us his beauty and knowledge! We just have to listen.

*Lizzie* said...

Thank you for the sweet comment, Lauralea :)
Yes exactly! It's amazing what God says when we quiet down from our busyness and listen to His whisper...