Living for Christ isn't always easy. I know from experience. Living for Christ means being different. Not going with the flow. But letting your light shine. It means taking up your cross and following Him. (Matthew 16:24. If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me.) We need to give up everything else that is filling our life with things not of Him and take up our crosses and follow Him. I'm not saying it's easy to give up the stuff to follow Him. For it isn't easy when I have to give up things to follow Him, but I have noticed, following Him is worth giving your life up. For really, life is short compared to eternity. And I want to now in this life make a difference. I want to live giving up these things of the world to follow more hard after Him. (1 John 2:15-17.) So give up these worldly things and take up your cross and follow Him with all you got! Step out from the flow of the world and be different for Christ! Live wanting to make a difference in other lives. Live spreading the good news about Jesus Christ. There is so many we could talk to and tell them about Christ! What's holding you back?! Maybe it's the group of friends you're hanging out with. Maybe they are not the best to be hanging out with. Maybe you're afraid of telling them about Christ and letting your light shine in front of them because you are afraid of loosing their friendship. And not being cool enough. Well, guys, this life is short. Lets make a difference. Maybe you need to change your group of friends to some godly friends who keep you on fire for God. Who encourage you.
I have made a little "Bible Study" with a friend. I know, there is only two of us. But what we plan to do is pray together. To study in God's Word. To keep each other accountable. And that is what every one needs to stay on fire for Christ! A fire can't keep burning real well if there isn't fire wood put on it. And soon if there is no fire wood put on that fire, the fire dies. And that is how it is with our piers. We can't keep on fire for Christ if we are always hanging out with friends who are bad examples. We need to have friends that keep each other burning!!! You know what I mean!? Are little "Bible Study" is called "A Fire Burning." Meaning staying on fire for Christ!!
Think of a few people who you would like to make a Bible Study with. It could even be two of you like me and my friend. Well, talk to them and see if they would be willing to make a small "Bible Study" with you. Like a time where you both pray together and dig deeper into God's Word. Give this a thought. Pray about it! See if it will work out!!!
God bless!!
A Servant 4 Christ,
Lizzie
No comments:
Post a Comment